05 Dec The Hidden Costs of Having Head Lice
We all know that head lice feed on human blood. However, blood is not the only thing these parasites take from us. They also exact a toll in plain, hard cash. How? Here are just a few of the hidden costs of having lice that can very quickly add up.
- Doctor visits for diagnosis and guidance: Even for relatively minor issues, the cost of a doctor’s visit can be prohibitive. By some estimates, the cost of a visit to a doctor about head lice can be around $250.
- Prescription lice removal medications: The irony of using prescription medications is that not only are they costly, they are actually contributing to the head lice problem by creating “super lice.” These treatments can run upwards of $300 or more. These are just two of the reasons you should use our natural head lice products.
- Missed work: A head lice infestation can lead to days off as you seek treatments and as you take your children out of schools that have strict no nit and lice policies. Based on $50,000 salary this can cost as much as $450.00 for three days.
- Nannies & sitters: The alternative to taking off work to care for children who are sent home because of lice is to hire a nanny or sitter. The average cost of a baby sitter is about $16 an hour. The cost of a nanny is about $650.
- Dry cleaning: Lice can live for about 24 outside of the scalp. They can easily use clothing, furniture and other household accessories as modes of transportation to your scalp. For this reason, it is wise to clean your laundry once lice have been found in your household.
The reason people resort to prescription and traditional over the counter medications for getting rid of head lice is that they are not aware of the alternative. They have heard of how difficult head lice can be to eradicate but don’t know that part of the reason for this is because of the very medications doctors prescribe. Well, as you can see the cost of doctor’s visits, ineffective over-the-counter medications can add up after a while. Add that to the other costs described above and you can come out paying quite a bit to rid yourself of head lice. We offer as an alternative to this our head lice removal salon where we can treat your head lice problem effectively. Lice do not grow immune to our natural products.