30 May Signs Your Child May have Head Lice
As parents we constantly worry about the health and safety of our children. We worry at the first sign that they may be in distress. However, it can be difficult to detect when your children become infected with head lice. So that you can increase your child’s level of comfort and ensure that he/she will not be sent home from school due to an infestation, here are some symptoms which may that indicate you or your child may have lice.
- Itching: This is the most common symptom associated with having head lice which naturally triggers one to scratch excessively. Moreover, children can sometimes actually feel the lice moving throughout their scalp. In fact, the itchy scalp, neck and sometimes ears are caused by an allergic reaction to the saliva that is produced by lice.
- Difficulty sleeping: Lice are most active at night. For this reason, a child who is infested with lice may experience difficulty sleeping because he or she is being made uncomfortable by the itchiness that follows an infestation. If you notice you child tossing and turning at night you may wish to have his or her scalp checked.
- Dandruff that will not go away: Lice eggs (or nits) often have the appearance of dandruff. This can make an infection difficult to diagnose. According to Paradi Mirmirania – a board-certified dermatologist – dandruff is relatively easier to remove than lice. If your child’s “dandruff” simply won’t go away, his/her hair may be infested with lice eggs.
- Small red bumps on their neckline: Small, red skin irritations may be the indirect result of head lice. Often, red bumps can develop in areas where a child who is infected may be scratching a great deal. Unfortunately, excessive scratching can sometimes lead to an infection.
- Swollen lymph nodes: Often a louse infestation can cause the lymph nodes to swell. Additionally, such swelling can sometimes lead to a staph infection. If this is the case you should see a physician who may prescribe an antibiotic as a treatment.
Finally, there is a certain stigma that surrounds people who have head lice. They and/or their children are viewed by many to be unclean. However, the simple fact of the matter is that head lice can infest even people with immaculate hygiene. My Hair Helpers can help you rid yourself and/or your children of lice in one of several ways. Well sell products that you can use to remove the lice. You can also book an appointment with us for head lice removal in Thousand Oaks. Finally, we even offer mobile lice removal in Thousand Oaks. Our professionals can either come to your home or to your school.